Thursday, October 04, 2007

Why I'm Excited for the Next Two Weekends . . .

This fall is already turning out to be incredibly busy for me, so much that I'm wondering if I need to drop things to have more free time. The problem is, these are all things that I'm passionate about, especially the things that are happening over the next two weekends:

Tomorrow I'll be heading to Louisville, KY, for a retreat with the Company of New Pastors, a PC(USA) program designed to help seminarians transition into ministry. I'm excited about the trip for two reasons: (1) there are going to be amazing people there from seminaries across the country, and (2) there is built-in "free time" to rest and relax during the weekend.

Next weekend (the 12th and 13th) is also the Presbymergent: Always Reforming conference here at Pittsburgh Seminary. It's going to be a great event, featuring some wonderful people from the Presbymergent community. Plus, I'm going to be leading a fun "unconference" (see here) seminar on Friday night. Here's the description:

"Presbymergent Poetry Party: This is a chance for Presbymergents with proclivities for producing poetry and prose to share our work and ponder the use of creative literary arts in worship. Bring something for a casual open-mic reading, or just come and chat about how we can more creatively use our words to convey the Word."

Registration's still open, just go here!

No comments: